Can I fix computer button

:wave: Hey, my computer button to turn on the PC s not working. It has not stopped working and the CPU, computer and monitor are working fine. The whole damn button is pushed inside the computer. So instead of a click I hear nothing. The way i know that the button is pushed right in and not just stuck is because there is a kind of plastic ring limiting the button from falling out and the button is stuck. You when you would press the button, it would go right to the end, that's were the button is stuck. I tried hitting the back of the monitor and the button was pushed to were it was before the problem occurred, you're probably thinking that was the point of this post, well when I tried to press it, the button it was pushed back in and stuck AGAIN!!! So i was back to square on then. I'm thinking of opening the PC and taking out the button. And if that would mean i would have to turn on the PC with a stick, so be it. If something else can be posted to help me please do. I am happy to provide a image of my situation if needed. Thank you for reading and hope you can help. I tried to write in as much detail as possible.

P.S : HELP HELP HELP HELP

I would just replace the switch. You can buy it separately although I don't know if it will mount on your case like the original but it will still be functional. You can buy just the switch itself or the switch plus the cables that connect to the motherboard.

Back