Can I run games well with this rig at 1920x1200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

Hello,

I've recently really wanted to buy a monitor, but I wanted to know how well games are going to run before I make the massive leap in resolution...

My rig is:

1 x 2.85 GHZ Q6600 (quad core Core 2 Duo)
4 x 1GB Curcial Ballistix 800mhz (oc'ed to 980mhz)
1 x 8800GTX BFG OC Edition (768mb)

and I want to get a monitor with a resolution of 1900x1200...

I mainly play, Call of Duty 4, World in Conflict, Crysis (no chance), and Grid.

Regards,

Alex.

Should be fine. Not sure you will be able to run all kinds of high-end video effects like HDR and full-scene anti-aliasing but the resolution shouldn't be a problem with the 8800GTX. What brand of monitors have you been looking at?

They both look decent however I would probably opt for the Benq just because Dell's tech support is a joke. I would read what is in the reviews and then make a decision off of what others are saying. Both monitors will look amazing with the right video card anyways so it's just a matter of choosing which brand you want.

Yea, I totally agree. Dell support is a joke, and they're both going to look pretty damn good.

Interestingly though, I read a review on cnet and then another on Trusted reviews and they're almost identical. Have a read:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/monitors/0,39030121,49285404,00.htm

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2006/09/13/BenQ-FP241W-24in-Widescreen-Monitor/p1

Thanks for the input mate,

That monitor is real nice; I think you'll be happy with it. Looks like it's got all kinds of neat features and from what I read in those reviews the image quality should be nothing short of stunning. I like the USB ports on the side, although not real practical I guess but whatever. Like I said before, both are good choices but I would just go with this one.

Actually - that setup should be just fine for those games at that rez. The one that will probably give you the hardest time is World in Conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back