Can I run Skyrim on max settings and have a decent FPS (30-60)?

I am not sure if on max. What is playable FPS to you? 30 and above?

Maybe overclock that GPU by a bit and the CPU should be capable of going a bit more, up to about 3.6 GHz.

Yes, playable FPS is 30 or above. Also I don't exactly know how to overclock my GPU. Would overclocking be wise? If I wouldn't be able to get max settings, what about higher than normal settings?

Ah, I don't know. Maybe I'll just have to wait and tweak the settings once the game is out.

Overclocking may not be wise. Especially if you don't have experience with it, I wouldn't try it right now. It's hard to tell pre-release exactly what the max settings will take, but you should be able to get pretty good looking settings with what you have. Remember, your computer is considerably more powerful than 5 year-old consoles.

Remember, your computer is considerably more powerful than 5 year-old consoles.

That's what I'm thinking. Only can be better then those graphics. I just wanted some reassurance cause with my luck I'd have to run my settings lower then consoles but PC is a must with all the mods.

OCing is always a good way to boost your parts. OC using profiles. There is no need for running 24/7.

You should be capable of normal settings at least. OCing does show a difference.

OCing is not always a good way to boost your parts. Yes, it can improve performance... in some instances... but not all parts are created equal and OCing does create greater stress on your system. (Which is why I never buy Alienware... I'd rather build a computer myself with better parts and leave them at stock than get cheaper parts that have been OCed.)

Back