Can I run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbug

I have windows xp 64bit sp2 on a disc that a friend sold to me cheap.
I would like to know whether my computer would run it or not, here is the information i think will be needed.

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name EDBUG
User Name GEORGE

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D, 3319 MHz (25 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA P4M800 Pro
System Memory 448 MB
BIOS Type Award (09/01/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

If anybody knows could they please tell me!

I would recommend u upgrade everything in the computer before going to VISTA. and especially the 64 bit version.

I have windows xp 64bit sp2 on a disc that a friend sold to me cheap.
I would like to know whether my computer would run it or not, here is the information i think will be needed.

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name EDBUG
User Name GEORGE

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D, 3319 MHz (25 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA P4M800 Pro
System Memory 448 MB
BIOS Type Award (09/01/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

If anybody knows could they please tell me!

What you should worry more about is whether or not that copy he sold you is legal. Unless that is a retail copy and he included the sticker and it was not already activated on another machine, you'd be pirating it.

On a secondary note, whether or not your system can run a 64-bit operating system is based on whether or not the processor supports 64bit extensions. Many versions of the Celeron D support it, but not all versions. You can consult this chart:

http://www.intel.com/products/processor_number/chart/celeron_d.htm

To see whether or not your specific CPU has 64bit extensions. You can also install the Lite version of Sisoft Sandra to probe your CPU or use CPU-Z to look at it to see if it supports 64bit.

If it does, you're in luck, and can install a 64bit OS. But first you need to make sure you have a legal copy to install. From the sounds of it ("on the cheap") the copy you have is pirated, and as a warning, moderators here will delete or lock threads if someone is trying to get help in pirating software.

wtf? he got it for his girlfriendf cause she didn't like vista on her laptop then broke up with her before she got round to installing it

I would make sure u can get all the drivers for Windows XP 64 bit as there a lot of drivers for it that have not been made yet, and it is being abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back