Cannot access my company's website from work. DNS problem?

So, I uploaded a new website on Dec 24th, a week prior to that we installed a new server (Microsoft 2008) and set up a work domain.

Now, none of the computers that have been added to the domain can access the site. I've installed a VPN which allows me to see the site, but no one else can and it's a bit of a pain.

I've flushed the DNS and it didn't help, I just get the error that " The webpage cannot be displayed". I'm using XP SP3 and I've tried viewing the page in IE, Firefox & Chrome, none work.

ipconfig/all says that my Primary DNS suffix is RJSTRADING.com which happens to be the same as my URL address (rjstrading.com), is that what is causing the problems??

This is my first site and I'm pretty new to the whole web design thing so any help at all would be appreciated!

Yes, we can access all sites except for our own! It's so bizzare!

I can access the website from home and anywhere else I've tried.

The problem is that you work domain is the same as the website and the clients are looking at your Windows server when trying to locate the website. I assume the primary DNS server on the workstations is your Windows 2008 server. Are you hosting your website at your office or are you using a 3rd party hosting company?

Ok, try this.
-Go to Administrative Tools
-Open DNS
-Expand Forward Lookup Zones
-Right click on your domain (rjstrading.com)
-Select New Host (A or AAAA)
-Type www in the name field
-Enter 216.251.43.13 in the IP address field (I got this from pinging www.rjstrading.com from a pc that can access the website)
-Click Add Host

Try to access the website from one of the clients, it may take a couple of minutes for the DNS to update (usually it's almost instant though).

Edit:
Also, for future reference, when setting up a domain, it is good to use <domain name>.local to prevent these types of issues.

You're welcome. Also make sure you change that A record if you change hosting companies in the future, or if your current hosting company changes their IP address for some reason (although this is unlikely).

Back