Cannot find killVBS.vbs script error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed nod on my pc and after a scan of C it found a virus/trojan.After nod deleted it every time windows boots i keep getting this error message:
Cannot find script file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\killVBS.vbs"
I tried to look for that file in my system32 folder and also in startup with msconfig,but had no success.Is there any way to remove this annoying message without reinstalling xp?
Thx in advance

Remember to back up the registry, see how HERE Open Registry Editor. Click Start>Run, type REGEDIT, then press Enter.

In the left panel, double-click the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows
NT>CurrentVersion>Winlogon

In the right panel, locate the entry:
Userinit = "%System%\userinit.exe,%System%\wscript.exe "%system%\killVBS.vbs""

Right-click on the value name and choose Modify. Change the value data of this entry to:
C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe,
Close Registry Editor.

Right-click Start then click Search

In the Named input box, type:
AUTORUN.INF

In the Look In drop-down list, select a drive, then press Enter.

Select the file, then open using Notepad.

Check if the following lines are present in the file:
[AutoRun]
shellexecute=wscript.exe killVBS.vbs
If the lines are present, delete the file.
Repeat steps for AUTORUN.INF files in the remaining removable drives.
Close Search Results.

Hopefully that will work.

If you dont feel confident editing the registry then dont!

Thank you so very much.And also nod found the virus on my usb stick where I didn't expect to find it.Again 10kz a 1000 times

Your very welcome, so everything worked ok for you?

Thats where this infection tends to come in through, thats why you should always be very carefull where you use it.

If you have any further problems then repost here.

Good luck with everything.

EDIT\ You might also want to create a new system restore point and then run Hijackthis and post the log in here. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah it works great now.I couldn't find any autorun.inf on either of my 2 partitions so I figured what the hell,and connected my usb stick (which I do very rarely) and nod poped up and deteced the autorun.inf as a virus.And yes I'm going to do a backup a bit later (but i prefer Acronis true image over system restore) ;) and then I'll post the log from Hijackthis

oh no?? im such a noobie at these things? can u explain the hijacklog thing for the noobie guy?? thanks.. i also have this problem right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back