Cannot install Adobe Reader after malware removal

Halfday24

Hello:
I've just gone through a successful malware removal with the assistance of one of your extremely helpful malware annihilators. Unfortunately, I am now not able to download and install Adobe Reader. I'm hoping that you may have some suggestions for me. I've tried temporarily disabling the firewall and anti-virus (not crazy about this), but I was informed that it may be necessary to do so for the download to complete.

I gladly welcome any ideas you may have.

My apologies, I didn't provide OS info. We are running XP Pro 2002 sp3. The user account I am using is new admin to the pc. I created a new user account because the original Administrator account we were using seemed to be stripped of some priveleges after the cleanup of the trojans. Is it possible that some code may have been added that prevents Adobe from downloading or installing? I have been able to install other software apps all during the cleanup process, and even did one installation after cleanup without issue.

I click on on Get Adobe Reader, unselect the Google toolbar option, click on Download. Once I received the Active X prompt to run, I accepted that, but then the process stopped. Ever since then, I no longer get the Active X prompt, and the download never begins for the installer.

Back