Cannot login to XP Pro anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys bought a compaq armada m300 off ebay all worked fine for months it has windows xp pro,basically all i had to do to login was press ok as no password was set and just said "user" in user name,now it says "windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile"!! That didnt sound so bad as i thought it was gonna log me in but just returned to login page,i heard a trick press con/alt and delete twice and type administrator with no password,i tried this and its said "cannot creat temporary profile directory maybe because by insufficient security rights",of course i tried leaving everything blank but seems like im stuffed why do i never get the easy problems?
Any experts know how i may be able to fix /get round this?just weird as it was ok the other day i never bother created or even looking at setting up admin /user accounts so wouldnt know what the set up is there mmmmm!!!!!

ps i believe unlike normal xp,xp pro wont let you get in in safe mode well i know it doesnt cos i tried it!! well it will let u but guess what not without inputting a password,so i cant do system restore even !!

Did you install WXPP from a Compaq recovery-restore disk. If not, use your WXP Pro CD to boot and run in Repair mode... NOT IN Repair Console... Just keep going until you get tot he repair choice.
Compaq disc, if red and white, will not work.

HI kimsland,thanks for the info unfortunately im not a pc expert tho no *****,normally i would press f8 on start up to get to safe mode correct? how or where/when do i input your info?i cant get into any settings /bios screens etc,i tried pressing delete,alt,f8 and all combos on start up but it just goes to the input user and password screen so i cant do anything,im sure im being an ***** but if you can explain /talk me thru it in laymans terms ill be ok im not used to using command prompts and like i said i cant even get to a screen where i can input what you have written??

sorry forgot to add :unfortunately i have no discs floppys or cds,i can dowload onto floppy or cd from this my main pc but i have no idea what to download,simpler the solution th better : )

F8 on startup, yhen select "Safe Mode Command Prompt Only"

If F8 does not work:
Change the keyboard to an older PS2 (round connector) Keyboard. Either by an adaptor (that should have come with a USB Keyboard) or by locating a PS2 Keyboard, then plugging it in, and then start your computer up

Yes F8 did not work on my laptop to get into safe mode,great tip on using older keyboard tho!!! i tried it and finally got into safe mode command prompt but to my ultimate frustration after auto loading all drivers etc it went back to the damn login page,i also tried all the other options as i now had this opportunity using the older keyboard but nothing lets me get past the login page in the end !!guess ill have to give in and borrow someones xp pro cd or vista (if thats any good?) and re-install again damn annoying.

Anyway i appreciate your help almost cracked it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back