Cannot send email mailbox full

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you talking about your computers email client (pop3)? if so check to your web email with your provider and see if there are saved copies in the master mailfile on the server. there might be an option the allows you to have all downloaded emails deleted on the server once replicated with your email client and/or bb.

ditto what mscrx has said.
If you BB is just being used to push mail from your pop3 account then it will suffer the same fate. Your BB also has a mailbox limit too you know.
Check in your outlook account settings that you dont have "leave message on server" checked, or at least have them delete after so many days post download.

When asking email related questions, it is necessary to give the name of the email being used.

For instance, in OE, there is a setting to leave copy of email on server. This setting allows all computers on the network to download the email from the server. There IS a setting to remove it from the server when the items in the Deleted box are deleted.

But if this isn't done regularly, the server will stop the mail when the quota has been reached on their site. Then it becomes necessary to go into the web mail and manually delete the mail.

No specific instructions can be given without knowing the email program being used.

outlook mail

sorry it is MS Outlook and it is on a server and thanks for the advice I have clened out all sent deleted and inbox that i have received thus far I have also deleted and cleaned . Blac B which is on server!

oh, if your BB is on BES then its purely a mirror of your exchange account, so will replicate the problem you are having on your desktop.

edit: ooops i'm assuming you are using exchange server AND blackberry enterprise server, which you may acually not be using.

sorry it is MS Outlook and it is on a server and thanks for the advice I have clened out all sent deleted and inbox that i have received thus far I have also deleted and cleaned . Blac B which is on server!

Are you now able to receive mail?

outlook e mail not sendingt mailbox

cannot send stil I can receive but not send so something is telling the server i am full
size wo sub 58268 size including 69476 kb inbox 10996 calenders 10, contacts 108 contact backup 67 del 5 out/sent/tasks 17

Try compacting the data files in Outlook. Files deleted in the Deleted Items folder still take up space until you get rid of them by "compacting" them.

outlook mailbox full

Thanks again all for the insight and thoughts solutions. I had a flash this am as it still will not allow me to send after deleting compacting and pst trqansfer. I would like to know if this is the problem. at one point and i am not sure when i was in outlook and changed the command for type of page to word i have alot of word files do you think that this is telling the server i am over the limit becuase of the word files i have forgotten exactly how i did that so if you could walk me thru it i would appreciate it i promise to never change anything again before telling you guys greg

If its outlook 2003 then you go to the menus:
Tools > Options > Mail Format > [choose the option you want at top of the screen]

If this is of course what you were meaning :)

mailbox full ***** savant

well first let me start off by saying thanks agin for all the help it seems i had a folder that was holding all my old e mails since the begging of the month i finnaly went into the warning page to see all mail and there it was so now i feel like a complete ***** but thats okay its normal for me now if i can only remeber how or why i did that and how to change it so it never happens agin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back