Canon printer error 5700 on S400 printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

My trusty old Canon printer S400 finally has decided to act up and quit on me after several years. I am getting an Error 5700 when I attempt to print to it. I can not locate what this error means.

If someone knows, I'd appreciate it.

I don`t know what the error means, but have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the printer?

Check the cables for damage and connection.

If this doesn`t work then maybe a new printer is in order.

Regards Howard :D

yes. I've unplugged the cable, reseated the print head, disconnected the printer cable and reconnected.

Canon web site is no help. I will have to call tech support tomorrow.

Hate to buy a new printer. This one was really good and worked great for many years.

Hi Tedster.

You didn`t say whether you had uninstalled reinstalled the printer.

Yes Canon have a reputation for being excellent printers. I have a Canon smartbase mp360 all in one and its great.

I hope you get you problem sorted out soon.

Regards Howard :) :)

YES. I did reinstall the drivers. Same error. I'm calling canon tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get an answer.
I noticed they're not selling the S series anymore.

Hey Tedster. I`ve just found the error codes for your printer. Unfortunately there doesn`t appear to be a code 5700. Look HERE

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I called Canon. A 5700 error means the paper sensor is not working. I called a local authorized repair place and it would cost more to repair it than replace it.

I'm buying a new printer today.

Thanks for the help.

Tedster said:
I called Canon. A 5700 error means the paper sensor is not working. I called a local authorized repair place and it would cost more to repair it than replace it.

I'm buying a new printer today.

Thanks for the help.

You`d have thought that the error code would`ve been with the rest of them.

Oh well, enjoy your new printer.

BTW Happy birthday mate. I hope you have a good one.

Regards and best wishes Howard
happy%20birthday2.gif

I looked at an IP3000 and and IP4000 in the store. Neither had a parallel port, only USB. Also they didn't include the USB cable in the box which I thought was very cheap of Canon to do so. So I went with an i860. I wanted to resure my parallel printer cord and USB is getting out of hand - heck everything has it these days.

The only difference between the ip4000 and ip3000 was about $50 and 2 pages more per minute. I don't need wireless printing so I wasn't looking for that feature.

My father had an i560 that I bought for him years ago, it was pretty quick. I liked the speed it had. I also like Canon printers. I would never buy an HP, the ink prices are obscene, they print slow, and refilling their ink tanks are a royal pain in the ***, not to mention messy. Lexmarks were out of the question, their reliability is very poor.

---------------
ah yes, a year older and year wiser! Thanks for the greetings.
The wopping 36! :grinthumb

I went ahead and purchased the i860 at the Army PX.

As an aside, I bought my IP4000 in Switzerland. It has both parallel and USB, plus it has a tray + software for printing (labels) directly on CD/DVDs.
There must be differences between US and European versions.
I paid €125.- ($151.-) for mine.
In ROI (RipOffIreland) I would have had to pay €195.-($236.-)!

Mine didn't come with a tray. The double sided feeded is also an extra purchase.
I bought mine for $114, but then again it was an i860

The IP4000 they wanted $145 for.
I couldn't justify $50 more

Papersensor should be easy enough to replace.

You might be able to find an old broken printer just like yours somewhere and just steal the sensor.

I already bought a new one. I figured it was 4 years old and time to upgrade. I'm selling the old one on ebay for $1

I called a Canon repair place and just to get an estimate would be $60. I bought the new i860 for $114.
I have no idea how much a paper sensor would cost or where exactly it is located on the printer.

A 5700 error means the paper sensor is not working
thanks that helped!

if you open your printer, my one (bjc-8200) has little marks pointing to where to push with the screwdriver (I had to remove only 3 screws, the rest of the mechanical connections is all click-style), you find the electronics in the center (where the switches and leds are placed). remove its cover as well and in my case I found a little piece of paper from a previous paper jam, which was stuck in front of the paper sensor. That paper made the sensor blind and caused the error. Now everything works fine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back