Can't access internet options IE8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomangelsc

This happened after trying to uninstall IE 8 and then reinstalling it, afterwards I was unable to access internet options in the browser and in control panel just this flash I got IE8 to work mostly. Did some researching into this online (in the beginning things were worse but i was able to repair most everything except accessing internet options, also some right-click options to save videos does the same thing just flashes).
I am able to use firefox but I really need internet explorer for other purposes no matter how much I hate it.

Please help!

I'd try system restore. If you don't know how to use it, reply back and I'll walk you through it. I'll need to know which version of Windows you have.

-- Andy

Do you mean, when you click on the internet options, says something like this: "This operation has been canceled due to resrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."? :suspiciou

Yes I did try system restore a couple times and to no avail although it did get IE running again. I have windows XP. And no error message, nothing when clicking internet options except a flash or flicker.

Oh forgot to mention, after uninstalling IE8 an attempting to installing it back, it errored an left a link on my desktop for help an then rebooted well firefox is my default so the link didn't work. So this is when I did the system restore and got IE8 back but still had the problem with the internet options and some odd things.

I have been in the trouble of IE problems before, the reinstallation would simply not fix the problem. Office suite as well, when it was removed manually, I couldn't reinstall it until I deleted its relative registered entries. So I suggest you recover the system to give the problem a clear shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back