Can't complete step 5, have some AVG attacking virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that I have the Win 32 /huer virus, I attempted to complete the 8 steps but I cant get the log from super anti spyware and I dont have permissions to run hijack this (i didnt set up an administrator account on this laptop so I dont understand how I dont have permissions) I believe I contracted this virus through my external hdd. I am a bomb tech in the navy currently deployed and I wanted to get a video of a demolition shot that we did. Some army guy said let me get you external and it was all down hill from there.

I have followed the guides and will post my logs as well as give a description of the symptoms.

AVG free resident shield pops up with a ton of infections two specifically that con not be removed, they are in the log. For a while I had a fake yellow windows shield in the task bar that would pop up with infection deteced. That has stoppped since I began the 8 steps.

I really appreciate any time anyone spends on helping with this as this is the way I communicate with my wife and son. Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

Could you please download ComboFix from here, rename it to a few random letters (to stop malware noticing it), and then run it in safe mode? The log that ComboFix produces should give more of an idea of what is going on, and ComboFix may be able to remove the offending malware.

Please do not click on the ComboFix window itself -- the program has been known to stall on occasions if you do this.

After you're done, please upload the log. Thanks. :)

You could also try scanning with AVG in safe mode, and seeing if that helps. Bear in mind that logoff.exe and eventcreate.exe really are critical parts of Windows, it isn't just AVG saying it.

You could try using SFC, too. Go to Start > Run > and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.

Chris,
I couldnt get the computer to boot in Safe Mode, it just had a black screen so I took it to our IT guys and they baselined it for me, I appreciate the help.

I have no idea what baselined means either, that is the term they used but yes, I am pretty sure this is resolved. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back