Can't configure virtual USB printing ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

rscain

Hello, newbie again :rolleyes:

Just got this new pc (HP), running XP professional. Pentium 4, 3 ghz., 1 gig ram

My printer (LexMark Z23) only has a usb port. But I can't get it to work when it's hooked up to the usb ports of my pc. I've tried them all. When I go into printer properties and click the "ports" tab the usb virtual printer ports show up but when I hilight it and click on "Configure Port" button I get a message that says "An error occurred, this is not supported".

Oh, BTW: the cable is ok, when I uninstal the printer and then hook it back up the "Found New Hardware" bubble comes up, it correctly identifies my printer and instals it. It just won't print.

I printed on my old machine running XP pro with no problem.

What am I doing wrong? :hotbounce

Do you get any message at all when trying to print? Or does it just stand there? Do the print jobs you submitted appear at all?

fgaliegue said:
Do you get any message at all when trying to print? Or does it just stand there? Do the print jobs you submitted appear at all?

I get no message at all. When I click on "Print" to print a document, the print dialogue box comes up. When I click "Print" on that I get the printer icon on the Taskbar. When I click that the printer queue box comes up listing 1 document pending in the queue; the document is listed, the space under "status" is blank, and nothing happens.

Could be a hardware problem, do you still have the old computer to see whether it prints on it. If it does work, on new computer get latest drivers from the Lexmark website and try updating them, I dont think you need to configure the ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back