Can't download my video

learninmypc

I went to the 4th of July show here in Seattle & using my iphone 6s plus I recorded it & uploaded it to youtube to send to my friends but am unable to download it to my pc, why? I do have the addon video download helper installed & it does download others videos fine.

Why not just pull your original source video from your iPhone 6S? That would be the highest quality anyway.

Can you explain what you mean? I tried & will try again to save it & my pics to my laptop using itunes/my photos.

Ok, plugging my iphone 6 plus into my W10 desktop, I found & saved most of my pics & videos to a folder but for reasons unknown, that video didn't show up, it IS still on my phone. #Confused.

Why not just pull your original source video from your iPhone 6S? That would be the highest quality anyway.
I still don't know what you mean by that, but I did finally get it on my laptop by using the USB cord plugging it into the laptop>My Pc>iPhone>Internal storage & right clicked on the DCIM folder copying contents to My Pictures folder on laptop. :)

The reason you should pull the files directly from your phone instead of uploading to Youtube from your phone then downloading it from Youtube afterward is when you send a file to Youtube there is typically some re-compression going on lowering the visual quality of the video in exchange for smaller file sizes. When you grab that video from Youtube afterward you are getting the re-compressed, reduced quality version of your file. If you are downloading these files for the sake of archiving then you should be grabbing the highest quality version you have access to which would be located on your recording device.

Ok, I kinda understand what you're saying. If it matters, the video is 20 minutes long, here it is, enjoy

Back