Can't install OS on optical drive-less Portege m200 Tablet, no USB boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

elroacho72

can't install os on a Portege m200 tablet.
there is no cd rom or a drive,and no support for a usb drive.It will boot over a network pxe, but I don't no how to do that. I have try a lot of stuff like pulling the drive installing in another computer all I get is a missing boot manger. help if you can thanks

You don't say which operating system you are trying to install but try using the other PC to install the OS and then moving the hard drive back to the tablet to install the drivers and programs. Of course, you will need a bootable operating system cd and you should download your tablet drivers from the Toshiba website.

When you got the "missing boot manager" message, evidently you were trying to boot from that hard drive but that's not what you want to do if you are trying to install Windows, for example. Change the boot order to CD first so it will boot from your OS installation CD.

Thanks for your reply the OS is tablet xp or the restore DVD I can't get ether one to work. I have no CD ROM.

I believe you will have to get access to an external USB DVD drive. That means buy or borrow one. Are you sure the restore disk is a DVD rather than a CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back