Can't install Starcraft 1 in my notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowey

I have an Acer Aspire 5710g that has previously had this this copy of Starcraft installed on it but ive deleted the game for 1 reason or another and ive just gone to install it again but nothings happening. If i click on the drive and explore the cd I can see the games folders, But if Iclick on setup or install folders my dvd drive just starts making a noise like its reading back and forth but not seeing anything.
I know the game disc is in working condition because ive jus now installed it on my pc and have played it like 15 mins ago.

My specs are:
Int core duo T555x2 @1.66ghz/1662mhz
Ram: 1 gb
32 bit op sys
Vista home prem O/S sp/2 ( meh never again )
optical drive: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

Any help would be appreciated, we are trying to install so as we can LAN multiplay at home

First, check if starcraft is uninstalled from the control panel, and check C:\Program files\Starcraft to make sure the folder is empty.
When you insert the CD, you may have to manually run the starcraft installer from your disk drive.

First, check if starcraft is uninstalled from the control panel, and check C:\Program files\Starcraft to make sure the folder is empty.
When you insert the CD, you may have to manually run the starcraft installer from your disk drive.

Yes it was completly uninstalled as I have done a factory reinstall on my notebook which pretty much removes everything I had installed.

If i click on the drive and explore the cd I can see the games folders, But if Iclick on setup or install folders my dvd drive just starts making a noise like its reading back and forth but not seeing anything.
In your Starcraft Original CD directory, there should be a file called INSTALL.EXE, run that. If still nothing happens you may have a messed up disk.

I know the game disc is in working condition because ive jus now installed it on my pc and have played it like 15 mins ago.
Running the game doesn't use the disk, it only checks to see if it is there.

If you go to http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y&rhtml=y, you can register your starcraft CD-key (if it is valid), and you can download a starcraft and broodwar installer package directly from blizzard.
If all else fails, you can just copy the folder from your other computer to your laptop. If you want to play on both computer simultaneously on LAN, you can start up the game on one computer using the CD, then take the CD out, move it to your other computer, and start the game there with the same CD. Or you can use something like scloader2b.

There lies a problem, I have a original game disc but the sleeve & package it came in has been " put somewhere safe " and so ive used a key I found on the net to install the game on my pc. Blizzard's site requires I send the game disc in place of the packaging to them in order to get a new key.
I am aware of "Running the game doesn't use the disk, it only checks to see if it is there." But as stated earlier I installed the game on my XP o/s pc and save the issue with my lost key it works just dandy.
Maby I will try your advice and try copying the files over.

Thank you again Hellokitty.

But as stated earlier I installed the game on my XP o/s pc and save the issue with my lost key it works just dandy.
Oh :(. Maybe it stopped working recently, I don't know, and probably can't help there.

Maby I will try your advice and try copying the files over.
In fact, you can even just share the starcraft folder, map the drive and voila.
It would be in "C:\Program files\Starcraft" by default, and you would run "C:\Program files\Starcraft\starcraft.exe"

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back