Can't run HyperX 1066 RAM at advertised speed

I'm having problems running my 4gb kit (2 Rams of 2gb) Hyperx ddr2 1066 to advertised speed and timings 5-5-5-15.

This is my Hyperx version KHX8500D2K2/4G.

Before I was able to run it with no problems but now my PC restart itself 3 times and after that it automatically change it to 800 speed with standard timings.

The only way my PC let's me run it on 1066speed and 5-5-5-15 timings all day with no problems is if I let it first run to Window with the 800 speed an then restart it and change the speed and timing in the Bios.

But if I let the PC turned off for 1 hour or more it starts making the same restarting problem as before.

Hello. Make sure that you have the latest version of your BIOS. Also try setting your BIOS settings to default. I'm not sure that it will help, but you should try.

I already have the latest Bios version but I haven't tried setting on default.

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R and got the F12 version of the Bios.
I'm able to run the ram at 800 speed with 4-4-4-10 timings and doesn't restart after leaving the PC turned off for a hour like the 1066 speed.

Is it a new PC? Did you upgraded your Computer lately? Maybe for some reason the motherboard is faulty. You should check is your RAM voltage correctly setted. If you don't know what's that then check on the internet what's that and check what's the proper voltage should be setted for your kind of RAM.

Nop its not new I have the PC for a while.
I just cant figured out why does it restart after leaving it turned off for a while with the 1066 speed but I can have it running Windows all day or playing L4D without any error.

The voltage for the ram is 2.2 and I'm currently running it at 2.0 with 800 speed and 4-4-4-10 timings.

Please download CPU-Z and make screenshot for every info that's available. And post the screenshots here.

You should try getting your FSB-DRAM to 1:1 or at least a bit lower. Try experimenting with FSB-DRAM ratio. You can try pulling out your CMOS battery wait a couple of minutes and pull it back again - this will erase all your BIOS memory. Check on the internet how to do all this properly.

I have been busy for a while so I hadn't have time to make the changes to the bios.

But anyways I got the ram running at 1000mhz fine without restarting itself after leaving it off for a hour or more using a MHC strapping of 266mhz.

But is there a difference between running the ram with the 333mhz and 266mhz strapping?

Oh and I forgot to add that my E8400 I'm able to run it at 400FSB it goes from 3ghz to 3.60ghz.

So I changed the ram to 1066 5-5-5-15 and it seem stable but, I just don't want to force the cpu to much so I reduced the frequency to 3ghz (7.5 x 400FSB )

Does that help changing back to the previous cpu speed even if I'm using a 400FSB instead of a 333 ?

Back