Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode

ynotbme

I tried to update a network controller driver on a homemade XP Computer. I got the fatal blue screen after the NVidia slash screen. It was an nforce driver. Windows would not start. I tried to get into safe mode to do a restore. But, no mouse or keyboard is reading. Is there a way to do a system restore at start up with out going to safe mode? By the way I don't have a XP CD. I do have a product key. HELP you XP Gurus! Oh and it is really hard to get into even safe mode. I saw BIOS once, when pressing the Esc button. But now it just goes to set up. Every F button give me the option of boot menu: F8 or Set up: Delete. But no matter what I hit, it goes into setup. The keyboard works fine in that screen. But as soon as the safe mode boots up. Can't use mouse or keyboard. Someone told me could be motherboard....did I do thaaaat?:eek:
Again HELP, HELP, HELP !

Thanks, Ynotbme!

You can download a windows 7 ISO onto a USB flash drive or cd or dvd. Contact where you bought your windows 7 and they will give you a link to download the iso. or maybe you can search the web for a ISO and enter your key later. I don't know if you will be able to navigate without a keyboard and mouse, maybe they will work in the windows 7 setup like your thinking.

Good luck!

p.s. I meant windows XP not 7. Iv done it with 7 I don't see why you cant with XP>

How are the KB+Mouse attached to the system?

Bluetooth or IR will certainly fail in safe mode as the required services can not be started.

You will need USB wired KB+Mouse for this to work.

Back