Resolved Cant use programs in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonaestet

im trying to fix a computer for a friend and its turning into a crazy nightmare. I have installed Malware bytes, amongst other programs, and none of them will work. Hijackthis is automatically shut down and then i am denied permision to use it, as well as advanced system care, spybot search and destroy, avira ( which wont even install) I ran tdsskiller(i think thats what is called) it detected it removed it yet i still have the same problem. When the virus stops the program the Icon on the desktop changes and wont run the program. I have tried changing the names and extensions of the programs and it does not work. I have changed hijack this' name as well, and the program still shuts down, then denies me access to the point where i cant even uninstall it, or delete it.

With so little information to go on, there isn't anything I can do- so let's set somethings up:

1. What was originally wrong with the system that you are trying to fix?
2. Why are you trying to run a program in Safe Mode?
3. What 'virus' are you referring to?
4. A permissions issue can be caused by malware or because you are trying to do something that requires it be done using the Administrator' account.
5. What is the main problem> Installing, uninstalling, running, etc.?
6. Why are you changing extensions of a program? You can't make it work like that. "Renaming" does not mean changing an extension.

So far you have attempted to use:
Malwarebytes, Hijackthis, Spybot Search and Destroy, Avira, Tdsskiller, Advanced System Care amongst other programs, and none of them will work.
When the virus stops the program the Icon on the desktop changes and wont run the program.
Please clarify> icon changes how? To what?

As for this:
advanced system care, (i think thats what is called) it detected it removed it yet i still have the same problem.
This is not a security program that 'detects and removes' malware. It is a program for:
cleaning and maintaining your computer for better overall system performance.
And not a good program to have.

What are you trying to do? What operating system are you working with?

1. The problem was a rouge virus remover.. anti virus 2010. (it hasnt popped back up today though.. i may have gotten that)
2. I always run the antivirus programs in safe mode when i get a virus.
3. again antivirus 2010
4. I am logged into the administrator account, I have changed all permisions to full, with no luck. the computer is vista and the automatic update wont work so its not sp1
5. the main problem is when i install an anti virus program and run them the scans work for a little while, and then the program crashes to desktop, and the icon on the desktop for the program turns blank, has a little user accounts stamp on the icon, and wont let me run the program anymore.
6. Renaming the extension has worked in the past, when changing it from exe to bat ( it was suggested by another forum user having the same issue.)

now another problem is hijackthis runs and then crashes, and then the exe on the desktop does the same thing as the others. It only happens to tools used in getting rid of virus/spyware problems. As far as advanced system care goes it does do immunization, as well as a very minor registry scan and spyware malware removal scan, and in the past has helped me with numerous problems that even some of the greats(Avira, AVG, Avast) have had issues with.

It only happens to tools used in getting rid of virus/spyware problems.
Because it's malware protecting itself.

I will help you but you need to stop making the changes and only do what I instruct you to do:

If you would like me to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, paste the logs for review in your next reply .

Important!
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

None of this while I'm helping you:
As far as advanced system care goes it does do immunization, as well as a very minor registry scan and spyware malware removal scan, and in the past has helped me with numerous problems

Hey i figured it out, got rid of the issue and everything is fine. Thanks for taking your time to help me i appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back