Can't use Trend Housecall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the virus win32.backdoor-dnm. I deleted the file and got rid of the registry entries and that got rid of the pop-ups. However, i still have an issue where I can't run the Trend on-line scanner called Housecall. Something still seams to be blocking it. I have done the 12 steps and the 8 steps and neither helped :~). Attached are the files.

As a clarification, i can get to the trend scanner web site, but when i try to run it i get the error "An error has occurred while trying to transfer data from the Internet! Do you want Trend Micro Housecall to try again transfering the required data?" I you this site frequently and it has always worked up until I got the virus. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply, but I still don't understand. The link you sent talks about WinDoctor which I don't use. The key with the missing file is from Quickbooks and I have deleted the key and I still have the same problem. Both IE and Firefox will not run Trend Housecall. Any ideas how to fix it?

Still not able to accesss Trend from IE or Firefox. Got rid of the error above and attach is the latest HJT log. Do I still have a virus? Or what else could bolck this?

OK. For those playing along at home, the solution was to delete the Housecall directory at c:\documents and settings\username\.housecall6.6. Then go back to Trend Micro Housecall and let it download all of it's stuff again and the world is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back