Caviar Black WD7501AALS issue?

Kreinzer

Had a few Firefox crashes on Youtube, Windows Live couldn't install due to some .tmp file being corrupted, and I had 2 x BSOD eventually. I can explain in more detail later if need be, for now I just attached the minidump files, there's only two as I bought the hard drive yesterday. My main concern of course is if it's faulty or not, and secondly if I can start putting on some "valuable" data on it.
I ran chkdsk, no bad sectors (ran it several times last night, and twice today)
I ran chkntfs c: and the file system is not reported to be dirty.
Forward thanks,
Kreinz

UPDATE: Two more dump files, just had two BSODs in the last few minutes. This time it suggested I scan the F: drive, which is a partition on my 1.5TB Samsung HD153WI. Running disc check on F: as I'm writing this.

Sys specs:
Power: CoolerMaster 600W
GPU: ATI HD5670 1gb
Audio: Creative SoudBlaster (oldie but a goodie :D)
Mobo: Intel iH55
Processor: Intel i3 530 2.93ghz
HD1: Western Digital Caviar Black 750gb, WD7501AALS
HD2: Samsung HD153WI
RAM: 2 x 2gb Geil Black Dragon

Attachments

• Mini081010-01.dmp
    116 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini081010-02.dmp
  • Mini081010-03.dmp
  • Mini081010-04.dmp
I see
0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
and
0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

First one (0x8E) usually happens because of hardware compability issues and driver issues.

Second one (0x24)
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Back