Changed gfx card, PC won't stay on long enough to install drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a problem >_<

currently im using ATI Radeon 9600XT edition and for some odd reason i cant run this game (Condemned: Criminal Origins) without having the game black out, so i wanted to change to my older gfx card just to see if it'll work... ( ASUS Nvidia Geforce 6200) but my computer won't stay on long enough for me to instal the drivers from the CD... at first at thought it was a video ram problem so i made sure i turned off skins and deleted some icons and made sure all background applications dont start when windows start-up.... but it STILL won't stay on long enough >_< it boots to desktop for about 5 seconds then restarts itself... for a half a second i can see a blue screen with letters on it but it went by to fast to read anything... plz helpppppppp plzzzzz

thank you in advance ^_^

It could be that the 6200 is faulty, Have you tried putting the 9600 back in and see if you get the same problem ?

i had this type of problem once

first time i ever used exp
i had 2 refrigorators and washer and dryer on the same circuit my computer was on and i diddnt figure it out until i moved my computer to the other end of the house.

well i think it has to do something with the video memory... cause with my 9600 in its working perfectly its just it dosn't show some of the shadow textures.... at all sometimes...
for some reason, a application is using too much video ram or something... so far the only programs that start up when windows does is.... Avast and i erased some of the icons if that did anything >_<

well has anyone gotten shadow texture problems with the Ati 9600XT edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back