CiD Banner ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been searching the net as a friend of mine has this problem on his PC. I have seen some posts/topics reference these but at the bottom they say that the solution is for the poster only. People have posted logs, etc. I don't know where to start or what programs you require me to use. Please help as it is really annoying him and his family especially with the inappropiate ads coming up infront of their children.

I have some PC knowledge but like I say, require help with this one.

Ceers, Mike

Hi Mike11, :wave:

Download Hijackthis,

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2)
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

1)Uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and

double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs

highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
BitRoll
Browser Enhancer
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Lop.com
LOP SEARCH
Messenger Plus
Ultimate Browser Enhance
Window Search
Window Searching
Zone Media

2)Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options

displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3)The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it

in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen,

you have to type the code that is displayed
. Once you enter the code,

press Uninstall.

4)If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that

you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question,

else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5)Reboot your computer

I need you to follow all the steps HERE and then post back with the three requested logs as attachments
  • AVG antispyware
  • ComboFix
  • Hijackthis (step 15)

Dont forget to make sure that AVG is set to quarantine the results, that HJT is the last step and to let us know the results of the antirootkit scan.

Good luck and welcome to techspot.

This thread is for the use of Mike11 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Another CiD ad victim

I have also got the damn thing. Can you please help me? I am a novise at this, so please explain it as simple as you can. Also i am norwegian, so my inglish is not perfect.

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back