Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Nice review, thanks! What I find absolutely horrible with both Civ V and VI is trading with the AI, they usually send you a ridiculous offerand decline any counter you make and when you make a similar proposition they offer stupid counters.

It’s too damn addictive. You will fail in your work life, social, and family life if you get addicted. Your health will suffer. It should come with warnings. But err hmm it’s my favourite game.

I was addicted to V (and I have to admit, still am), and when I heard that VI was coming, I was VERY excited... And then I got it and wasn't thrilled... I don't think it was because it was a bad game - only that it was different than V and I LOVED V... I don't think I gave VI the chance it deserved.

Well, the expansion is out, and I will give it another chance - I think the problem is simply that I love V so darn much, it's hard to love another game!

Gotta tell ya, VI was huge disappointment for more reasons that I'll go into here. Found it remarkably boring & visually unimpressive and childish. Huge fan of Civ. went back to V have something like 1500 hours in V. I'll re-read this but frankly, find it increasingly difficult to find unbiased reviews of PC games. Usually have to spend the $50 / $60 & find out on my own.

Back