Clutter (hidden object game) video issue

ComputerGuy55

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has ever played the game Clutter.

A customer has the game, after recently purchasing a Dell P2210 (22" wide screen) from us they noticed that the game opens to a black screen.

You can hear the game sounds but no video.

I have tried changing all the things I could think of related to it:
Changed computer resolution.
Changed game properties to open as administrator, to open in 640x480, in 256 colour mode.
Changed Screen Refresh rate (will not go below 60)
Changed Aspect Ratio to 4:3 (monitor menu settings) (as the 20" was a 4:3 ratio)
Changed to Custom Aspect Ratio.
Changed Aero Theme's off.

Testing the game on another monitor, a 20" widescreen the game opens fine.
I have it installed on my system now as well, same monitor same issue.

I tried this on another 22" monitor, same issue.
However, I then tried HDMI and it seems to work perfectly. Game loads, can see it and it works.

So why does this game not work with VGA? Any suggestions on what could be done?

HDMI is better, VGA is ancient. The VGA cable may be messed up, but why would it work on the 20"? I am not sure here man, but just use the HDMI, it is more high tech and will get you better quality. What model video card do you have?

HDMI is better, VGA is ancient. The VGA cable may be messed up, but why would it work on the 20"? I am not sure here man, but just use the HDMI, it is more high tech and will get you better quality. What model video card do you have?

I know HDMI is of higher quality, however, the Dell P2210 does not have an HDMI port. It is limited to DVI and VGA. DVI should do the trick as well but the customers computer only has VGA.

If the monitor and/or tower had the capability for the better ports then they would use them, but they are limited. I was able to test HDMI on my system and a separate monitor but they do not have availability to such items.

It's not just the cable, it's been tested on several monitors, several different cables and several computers. on 22" monitors it just seems to give a black screen.

Wow, cannot believe I forgot about that. I was looking through our adapters on the wall at work too and completely overlooked it.
I will have to try that on the monitor at work.
Although I've never used it to go From the DVI On the Monitor to the VGA on the MB. But it should work the same way..?

Back