"cmd" and "regedit" problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubertzw

Hi everybody,
since a few days I have a problem with windows xp system. The computer worked very slow and I checked it by antyvirus and antimalware programs. Some of viruses were found and now computer works quite good but I can't run cmd.exe and regedit.exe - it causes reloading of explorer.exe proces (all windows are closed and opened again). I checked the system regards the guide and later on by symantec, pandasoftware on-line and everything is ok. Could somebody check my hijackthis.log ? I have no idea what can I do more. I'd prefer to avoid reinstall system again

Regards
Huber

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12 KB · Views: 8
Hello HubertZW

First... Your running processes show you have at least three av packages...
Avast, Lavasoft and Symantec. If you can turn off / disable the symantec without disabling your firewall, do so. Uninstall Lavasoft's av also. Then Run Avast, per the 8 steps. It is advisable to have only one av running, and avast is one of the better free packages.

Then Follow the 8 steps diligently. Miss nothing.

Then Report back with all logs.

Someone here will be glad to help you get back to a clean system.
An expert with HJT may be able to help with that now,
but it might be better to wait until all the reports are in.

Keep us posted.

Hi,

Ok I removed antivirus programs and attached logs. The system runs quite good but I can't enter to registry by start->run->regedit and can't runcmd.exe only command.com

regards
Hubert

Download RatsCheddar

• It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
  • Save and extract this program to the desktop.
  • Once extracted, Double click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
  • Enable everything, then click Exit
  • Reboot your Computer.

I've installed this soft and reboot the system but I don't see any changes. I can't run cmd and regedit programs. It cause reboot of the explorer.exe process

regards
Hubert

I check else one thing: when I double click on cmd.exe it cause restart of explorer proces but when I right click run as and accept current user the program start correctly (?)

Regards
Hubert

Glad combofix helped...
What did it get rid of, if you don't mind my asking>

RE: HJT System Processes...
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
This is a known resource hog and probably is not needed with your other Anti Spyware.

On cleaning up the rest from HJT, someone else will be better qualified to help you sort out the R through O sections of your report. There are probably some things you can do to optimize your setup.

file zipped: C:\WINDOWS\bqhskjv.jrc -> _bqhskjv_.jrc.zip -> bqhskjv.jrc ( 29184 bytes )
PE file "C:\WINDOWS\bqhskjv.jrc" killed successfully
File "C:\WINDOWS\bqhskjv.jrc" added successfully
file "C:\WINDOWS\bqhskjv.jrc" deleted successfully

and

command.pif (system32)

regards
Hubert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back