CMOS battery problem

Hi friends

Mine PC is running on a AMD quardracore, Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H, 4 GB DDR III 1600 Mhz Corsair Ram & Power supply along with 8400 GT nvidia . This PC has been OC to 3.2 ghz and is currently working at 3.2 ghz.

Recently I was getting BIOS notification to change the battery as everytime the BIOS had to be reset.

I changed the battery 3 days back but again after a day I again started getting the same notification of changing the battery.

Pls tell where could be the problem.

Regards

Was the battery you replaced the bad one with brand new? Also make sure it is a 3V battery and to be safe, make sure it has the markings 'CR2032" on it (that is what mine has). Other batteries of the same size and voltage MAY be fine, but I can't really vouch for them. Also, if you have one, it might pay to check the batteries voltage with a multimeter.

Also, if you buy a new one, it might pay to make sure that it is meant for a computers motherboard, as some may or may not be, just to be on the safe side. I don't really know a great deal about these batteries.

You might have a bad CMOS clock chip on the motherboard. Older motherboards used to have a 5 volt CMOS battery but as nissanman says, most motherboards now have a 3 volt battery... If you know the replacement CMOS battery is good, the motherboard may need to be replaced

Tmagic is correct. The problem can also be caused by a bad BIOS chip and/or motherboard. But replace the CMOS battery with another, preferably brand new one. Just to be sure.

I have today put in a new battery, let's see for how many days it will work. Can jumper setting reset, correct this problem?

Back