CMSS-3D or Pro Logic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkid

i am using my onboard Realtek HD ALC888 sound card, i was wondering if it is possible to get CMSS or Pro logic through software to upmix stereo to 6 channels. I am currently using the Realtek 'Speaker Fill' option, its fine but i wanted to try the other, mayb they're better.
And is a seperate sound card really worth the money, i mean is there any difference noticable? if i buy something like the Audigy 2 ZS, how much improved sound quality will i get?

You will need the sound card upgrade to do what you wish. Sound is then often better, but not always.

isnt there any hack that lets u use CMSS on Realtek sound cards?
btw im looking to buy a logitech x540 speaker system soon, know if thats any good?

i suggest you to try the "ChannelMixer" from foobar2000. significantly better than Dolby ProLogic IIx (also from Realtek) and CMSS-3D. even for free.

click here and read until step 3

and as for the soundcard, i'm not big audiophile but i think those cards sound greater when your speaker is good and obviously significantly more expensive than the soundcard. rather than X540 with audigy, i'd go for onboard with G51.

provided your onboard is one of the recent ones. recent onboard have developed significantly, especially if you compared to the old AC97 onboard sound.

the G51 is not that big of an improvement over the x540 + i dont like its appearance...as for my onboard audio i tested it with RMAA and its got very good/excellent readings.i think ill stick to my sound card for now, the only problem being that it only has 3 jacks at the back so my microphone will have to be connected to my front panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back