Colored crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone.
sorry for my bad english and sorry if i posted in a wrong section.
i have a problem with my pc.
my computer radmoly has crash like this.
i take my xfx gtx 280 to assistance, but they told me they tested it for two days with 3d bechmark software noticed no problems.
i dont think is a driver's problem, i change it and i tried various, but nothing change.
i also fomattted already.
if someone know how to resolve or know what is the problem please help me

It'd be more helpful if you gave a detailed report of the problem. What exactly do you mean by a coloured crash? When does it happen?

See attachment.
it started two month ago and it happens randomly during the game. then Increasingly and it happens also when I start the pc. so I dont think high temperature is the reason.
now I formatted and the issue happens not so frequently, but it may increase again. anyway the problem remains.

Attachments

• Immag0036.jpg
    Immag0036.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 7
see attachment.
it started two month ago and it happens randomly during the game. then Increasingly and it happens also when i start the pc. so i dont think high temperature is the reason.
now i formatted and the issue happens not so frequently, but it may increase again. anyway the problem remains.

wow that looks bad.
Any way have you opened the tower case and cleared of any dust that may be building up?
Temperatures can rise quickly so i wouldn't rule out a temp problem.
If there's no dust then try your onboard graphics if you have it. Or try using your GPU in another computer.

im quite sure the problem is not dust or temperature.
in the coming days i'll take another graphic card (lower price range, an hd 4670) beacause now i cant play anything, and give mine to a friends, so he can test it on his machine. in this way i can understand if the problem is really the graphic card or not.

That severe artifacting looks like a problem with the video card itself. If the other video card works ok I would RMA the card.

If it works in other computers but not yours, AND since you've done a reinstall and tried different drivers, I would suspect it doesn't have enough power. Try disconnecting any extras if possible. Or try your buddy's PSU if the card works fine in his setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back