Comp crashes and certain programs close without notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, this is my first time here. I'm a lil bit of a noobie when it comes to the whole software end of things. Okay, here's my problem, my comp used to work absoletly beautifully but then it took a mind of it's own. I did a complete restore then a fresh OS on a new HDD. For some reason when i start to play a gome, the game will just close out and no error message is displayed. These are games that i've played for a while. Also, the time in which they close varies. Could be 30 mins or 30 seconds. I have updated drivers, tried new video cards, new memory, and ,as stated above, new OS on a new HDD.
I'm running:
XP pro
ASUS MoBo
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ at 2.64 GHz
2 GB of Kingston RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 VE
Cantenna for those hard to reach WiFi signals

I would suggest two things:

1. If you got the SP3 update for Windows XP, uninstall it in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. It is known to have caused problems with AMD processors.

2. Open the Event Viewer and look for errors corresponding with the time is the IE crashes. Follow the instructions below for finding and posting those Errors here. One request> if you have multiple errors with have the same ID#. the same Source and the same Description, I only need one of each.

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then paste (use CTRL-V) the event details here. It makes for easy reporting of the event-you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description-but paste all else.

You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back