Comparing generic computers to name brand

Hello, this is quite an exciting topic for me since the Internets is virtually free of any feedback regarding ZT AFFINITY computers. Basically Let me give you the rundown of the specs (which seems like amazing deal compared to anything remotely similar that is namebrand. I need to know why this is or isn't a good deal for $699. (tower+mouse/keyrd only) Has anyone ever heard of ZT computers??! (they sell through Costco)

AMD Phenom™ II 1055T Six-Core Processor (2.8 GHz)
AMD® 760G+SB710 Chipset
12GB DDR3 Memory

Drives:
2TB SATA II Hard Drive
22X DVD±R/RW
Front Panel 19-in-1 digital multimedia card reader
Graphics:

Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 series graphics from AMD
Communications:

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Audio:

8-CH High-Definition Audio CODEC
Keyboard & Mouse:

USB Desktop Keyboard
Optical Mouse
Expandability (total bays/slots):

2 x 5.25" Exposed (1x occupied)
1 x 3.5" Exposed (1x occupied)
4 x 3.5" Hidden (1x occupied)
1 x PCIe x16
1 x PCIe x1
2 x PCI
Ports:

8 x USB 2.0 ports (2 Front, 6 Rear)
6 x Audio ports
1 x eSATA port
1 x DVI port
1 x VGA port
1 x HDMI port
1 x PS/2 keyboard / mouse port
1 x RJ45 network port
Operating System:

Genuine Microsoft Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
Additional Software:

Microsoft® Office Starter (reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel; not the full version of Microsoft® Office 2010)
Access the full Office 2010 experience when you purchase a Product Key Card. The Product Key Card is a single license card that contains a 25-character code to activate full-featured Office 2010 software on your new PC. To purchase Click Here
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011
(60-day trial)
Additional Information:

Dimensions: (HxWxD): 13.9" x 7.1" x 16.9" (approx.)
Power supply: 350W
Lifetime, 24/7 toll-free phone support
2 Year Limited Parts & Labor Warranty
Email and fax support M-F from 9am-6pm EST

They have decent ratings but overall the customer support is a little on the crappie side. PC MAG has had reviews on these systems and they liked them overall but remember that these kind of systems usually tend to have low quality parts used to make the price lower on there systems.

They have decent ratings but overall the customer support is a little on the crappie side. PC MAG has had reviews on these systems and they liked them overall but remember that these kind of systems usually tend to have low quality parts used to make the price lower on there systems.
"Low quality parts", is a bit harsh. PC makers shop for the same parts we do, but get way better prices than we do, since there is no reseller markup involved.

"Lower performance parts" would be, (IMHO), more appropriate.

PC World Magazine did an interesting article comparing 2 prebuilt machines, ($500.00 & $1200.00 price point), to 2 comparable machines that they built at those same price points. The $500.00 prebuilt machine stomped the $500.00 DIY, but the $1200.00 DIY stomped the $1200.00 prebuilt. Just goes to show how much a manufacturer's volume buying power can benefit the maker and the buyer at the lower price range.

There really isn't much that "PC manufacturers" actually manufacturer. Just the case, and the sales brochure. Well, maybe just the sales brochure.

Emachines has a terrible rep for failed motherboards. I am unwilling to say that no improvement has been made, and my own Intel 915 based T-5026, is pushing 6, with no board problems. (As always, "your results may vary")!

If anything, the motherboards and PSUs are the most suspect items in prebuilt machines.

Other things that have failed in my one prebuilt machine, have been those darned TSST DVD drives. Won't buy 'em solo either. Pioneer or Sony all the way.

One thing that hasn't failed on my 6 year old Emachines, is the 160GB WD "Caviar Blue" SATA 150Gbs HDD. That'e the same drive that would have cost you about a hundred bucks at Best Buy, around the same time.

just wondering what would you need this PC for?

4 Office computers :)

Running...

-Quickbooks 2011
-ASC (advanced system care)
-AVG Internet Security
-MS Office
-Adobe Pro
-Assortment of industry-based software programs

I may even throw on graphics/web developer software like Dreamweaver, Illustrator, etc.

You should compare the differences between Win 7 Home Premium and Win 7 Pro before you commit to an OS. Win 7 Pro would be able to run "XP Mode", and perhaps save yourself some money by enabling you to keep using older XP only programs.

I think the file sharing options are improved in Win 7 Pro also. This could factor into networked machines. (Although you might need an IT guru to get the max out of this step up).

I can't be specific. since I don't use any of my machines in a networked environment. Maybe someone else could shed more light on this.

Judging from your intended usage, you would be able to benefit from quad or hexacore horsepower.

Back