Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thank you. I will be looking forward to receiving my Newegg package. : D

Oh and I have heard in countless places that a power supply upgrade is not needed, can someone verify that?

Your power supply should be fine (if you tell us the specs it may help).
On one of my old systems, I had a separate power cord for my graphics card, just plugging it into the PCI slot wasn't enough juice for the card, in that case you would need to upgrade the PSU. I don't see a socket for a power cable on your graphics card. You'll be fine ;)

Open your computer case. There will be a sticker on the powersupply that looks something like this:
sn41g2v2_psu_sticker.jpg

That card requires 18 amps on the 12 volt rail(s).

Well, I have heard people say that my PC will run fine without a PSU upgrade. Anyways, my PSU says:
Code:
+12V === / 14A MAX

So what will happen if I try to run it?
Will I fry anything?
Should I find an upgrade on ebay or a website?

Will I fry anything?

Put it this way, if Technochicken says the card needs 18A, and you only have 14A, (this is also dependant on any other peripherals you may have, it's not the graphics card alone that uses 18A). Either your graphics card won't perform the way it should, or you'll burn out the PSU from trying too hard to meet the demands.
You can search through newegg or ebay, you'll find one at either site.:)

the generic system req on that card are 18A/300w psu. and it gets all it power from the pci slot, so it depends on what the rest of your system is drawing. you can try this and see what you come up with.
http://www.antec.outervision.com/ add 30% to the total wattage needed as you cant run your psu at 100%

is there something special about Dell Dimensions that they need a special PSU made for them? because $29 for a 600w unit is asking for problems. i don't know that particular power supply, however i would bet the farm that not only will it not deliver 600w but will deliver a heap of ripple and an early burnout. if your going to invest $300 in that beautiful monitor, doesn't your PSU deserve at least a $50 investment?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006

ummm, bad reviews??? 85 % are 4 or 5 stars as many good reviews as the one you found. anyway the one you linked is a fine PSU as well

Alright, sorry I don't know I am just very picky and very worrisome about all this. Thank you so much guys..... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back