Computer beeping every ten minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLambie

My computer beeps once a day about 5 times ten minutes apart anyone know why or how i can find out what is doing it?

We need a whole lot more information from you like your hardware specs including make and model of your motherboard, amount of RAM installed, video card, power supply make and wattage supplied, etc.

In addition we need to know the OS you are running and what security software you have installed.

Does this issue occur randomnly or does it begin when you are doing certain things?

Those beeps may be due to BIOS Code errors and they tell us information about what is taking place. Every motherboard manufacture will provide a BIOS. Here is a link to a BIOS Beep Guide. Don't let it overwhelm you. Just find the manufacture of your motherboard and they should tell you what BIOS is installed.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

I am unsure what you all need?

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DWL-COMPUTER
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model KJ307AA-A2L a6452f
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.21, 26/02/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Canada
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 897 MB
Total Virtual Memory 6.20 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.67 GB
Page File Space 3.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Is this system still under warrenty? Also, can you give us the Beep Code order such as 3 Short, 1 Long or 1 Long, 2 Sort, etc.?

OH yes it is still under warrenty bought it at futureshop and got there extended.

about, if I recall correctly (will count next one) 10ish short beeps then stops about every three hours it does this. Beeping seems to take place when playing a game.

As well I get 3-9 web browsers pop up for no reason even if am not at keyboard - this happens when beeps don't.

Also I get a thing where I get to secect to run script editor or not.

Is there a good Registry Mechanic or something I can run.

David

Let's approach this from a different angle. I am suspicious that your system may be infected especially with the browser pop-ups. I am not saying this is your primary problem but it wouldn't hurt to see if you are indeed infected.

Go to the Virus & Removal forum, read the 8 Step Sticky and follow the instructions step by step; don't skip any steps.

When you are finished post the three required Logs on that forum. You'll get excellent help.

Thank you will do this soon as I get home - did this once before but couldn't remember where to find

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back