Computer Case Moding Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i was thinking of moding my case, i have an hp pavilion 563w and i wanted to cut out a square in the side and install plexi glass. is this safe? would u recomend doing it? IS IT WORTH IT? i am planning on installing many many LED's and most of all, How do u recomend i approach this, any replys would b greatley appreciated :bounce:

Its an electronics store like Best Buy but with a better computer department. They are pretty big in the eastern US. They opened a store here in Las Vegas about a year ago. You can order from them online at Outpost.com.

kiwiman said:
hello, i was thinking of moding my case, i have an hp pavilion 563w and i wanted to cut out a square in the side and install plexi glass. is this safe? would u recomend doing it? IS IT WORTH IT? i am planning on installing many many LED's and most of all, How do u recomend i approach this, any replys would b greatley appreciated :bounce:

No i dont think it is worth it. I would just get a new case. You can get some nice looking cases for less then 100 bucks easy. It saves you alot of hassle. I tried to fix up my old compaq case with a slot for a top fan and plexiglass in the side and it ended up looking like crap and took my forever. Good luck

Sean

yea man,
just get a new case.
i need a new one,
but i'm young and have no money
so watever
if your going to get one, get at least a full tower one for better air circulation
and remember those case fans!
I should really get one too
but i have no $
hey are rounded cables worth getting anyway?
can anyone answer that.

Hey Chaos i feel for you. Im a jobless 16 year old and i am broke and need a new power supply, my computer restarts when i turn up my fans. :mad: But rounded cables just look nice. There is no real performance enhancment.

Sean

Haha,
I'm a sixteen year old jobless dude myself, about to do my science exam which i know i won't do very well in.
Too bad we have no $ eh? I love to dream that i have the sickest computer, and wonder what would happen if my parents won the lottery
*drools*
=D

actually rounded cables are better for airflow which can keep your case cooler

and when you are overclocking every degree counts

Chaos_Stryke said:
hey are rounded cables worth getting anyway?
can anyone answer that.

Please Miffy...I do not think they are worth it. The improved airflow would not signifcantly help with airflow. Unless maybe you have Alot of drives

Sean

yes, i agree with that. The airflow increase is minimal. If your computer is so good that your worryed about that sort or performance and style, im sure you have a few fans to begin with.

Also, kiwiman, just buy a new case.

well not only is the rounded cables good for air flow however minimum it may be but they also reduce alot of clutter from your case specially if you have a window on the side you would want to keep it as clutter free as you can. Ide cables just look horrible and are crazy for wire managment if you are into that sorta thing. Oh get a new case make sure it is aluminum they tend to dissapate heat better and make sure there are enough fans in there. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back