Build a PC Need help deciding which case is better

Alkalix

TS Rookie
Hey you all, first time poster here
I've been looking for a decent Matx case for the money, and have cut my choices to these two:
DEEPCOOL MATREXX 30-
AreoCool Cylon Mini RGB-
I see both as great values for the money, but I'm split on which one I should get.
On one hand, the MATREXX 30 has a temperate glass side panel, good airflow, cheap price, but also has bad cable management
On the other, the Cylon has such a badass looking design, acrylic(?) side panel, but terrible airflow (from what I heard, if anyone has any info on the airflow, please share, because I've been searching everywhere for temps on some builds with no results)
I'm planning to build a PC for myself in the coming year, so I'd appriciate it if you people would help me out on this.

captaincranky

TechSpot Addict
Although you've probably gotten frustrated and given up on getting a reply, I'll put my 2 cents in anyway.

TBH, I wouldn't mess around with a micro ATX case, at all. At least not if this is to be your only or "prime" computer.

Micro ATX cases limit you, (for the most part) to two (2) 3 1/2" slots for spinning hard drives. Unless you want to pay big bucks for high capacity storage drives, (6 to 12 TB). A case should be Mid tower or taller. These generally give you slots for 4 or 5 HDDs, which you might need for storage in the future.

IMO, there's no shame in putting a micto ATX motherboard into a mid tower, but you might consider the extra slots a standard ATX board offers for add in cards.

Personally, I wouldn't buy eother one of those cases, simply by virtue of not having a front 5 1/4" slot for an optical. And yes, I know that "these kids today", don't think you need optical drives, but I still use them for CD & DVD, for my free standing home theater and stereo system. And again, as provincial as it may seem, I burn backups from my CDs to knock around in the car. Between thieves and summer heat, it makes no sense to put a valuable original CD to use in a car player.

Short answer, grab a mid tower with a slot for an optical drive.

I have 2 of the original, (ancient) Cooler Master "Storm Scouts", and an (ancient) Antec 900. They don't have glass sides or RGB fans. I guess you could say they're, "all work and no play", which I suppose would make me a "dull boy". But, c'est le guerre