Computer cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to build a new PC, but I do not know which case to buy.

These are my choices.

Antec PlusView 1000AMG
Lian-Li PC-70
Coolermaster Praetorian PAC-T01-E1

Which case is the best? Also, if there is a better case than these, please inform me.

Thanks. :)

Regards,

Android1

Prices for a case

I am assuming by some of the models listed that you are looking to spend around $50.00-$75.00 for a case. Antec makes some nice stuff, but it depends also on what you want (cool colors and design, or a more standard look with more features). The biggest things I would look for are:

# of on board intake and exhaust fans
Form factor for the mobo you want
# of CD\DVD bays
# of internal HD bays
Front USB\Firewire (if that matters to you)

Also, I would not buy a case that comes with a power supply unit - they usually bundle crappy PSU's with a catchy case and charge a lot extra - buy them seperately...but that's just my opinion. Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions...just ask...

PS - If you want to spend some money and get something REALLY sick...check out http://www.cubedpc.com (one of the forum members - pretty cool stuff)

I own the Antec Plusview 1000AMG and I have had it for a year. With as many cases I have seen, this is the only one I would buy still. I'm very happy with it. It is very rock-solid, durable, has a lot of room, built perfectly, removable drive bays, etc. It is my case of choice.

How many fans do you run, and how loud is it? I hate case noise :p

I would run at least four fans (The better Antec ones).

I'd get the PC-70 myself or...

The PC-6070

prd_1106.jpg

w00teh.gif

It's only a mid tower though...

New Case

If price is no option...there are a heck of a lot of great full size cases out there...any of the full towers people posted above will do just fine, especially if your only requirements are that it be quality and full size...

SilverStone are currently my favorite brand of cases.

If I could get any case in the entire world right now, it would be one of these. Good cooling (2xquiet 120mm fans), beautiful, and cheap ($110). That's what I would reccomend for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back