Computer Closes Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffguy

So one day im on my office computer and do the regular thing ( browse on Firefox or play a game or two ) and i turn it off. The next morning i try to play some World of Warcraft and in about 10 min in the game i get a Critical error message for World of Warcraft. So i decide to go on Firefox and look up the error and about 10 min later i get that windows error that says Firefox encountered a serious problem and the SEND or DON'T SEND option. I restart my computer and try it again and i get the same error. This also goes for any of my games or browsers i try to use which close with a error message in 10 min or my computer just restarts. I tried Disk Defragment, i tried using windows system restore, and my firewall nor my AVG detect a virus. Please help me with this problem.

System Specs:
Windows XP Home Edition
ATI 9550 256mb AGP
MSI (7060) Motherboard
1gig (2x512) Kingston RAM
Creative Sound Blaster Live 24-bit sound card
160gb Maxtor Hard Drive

sounds like the registry is corrupt or the system is overheating when playing games. And what the heck are you doing playing games at WORK! ;)

I doubt it is a virus. Work computers are not designed for gaming. Gaming is very taxing - especially something like WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back