Computer crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm having a problem with my computer crashing. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I currently installed a new graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series. I installed this card so that I can play video games. When I first installed and tried play the games it started crashing ten mins into the game. Now that computer is starting to crash even when I'm not playing video games. I could really use some help DX.​
Thank you!​

Sounds like it could be a video card driver issue. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I did what you told me to do, and everything went fine. But it still crashed when I tried to play my game. And I forgot to mention that every time I crash the blue screen pops up and it says that it has encountered a problem and Windows must shut down. It also mentions a suggestion to going to the BIOS. Is there anything I can possibly do?

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I had a friend come over and check my computer. He restored it to an earlier time. I only have one dump file, when I try attaching the file it exceeds the allowed size.

The one definitive minidump is an 0xA error and these can be caused by hardware. In this case it specifically cited memory corruption as the issue.

Therefore we direct you to running the free and safe memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back