Computer doesn’t boot to bios

So I bought a wireless network card a couple days ago and just put it in, it wasn’t really working properly, so I took it out to inspect. Right after I took it out my computer beeped and then shut off instantly. ( it was really dumb of me to take it out while pc was on but I’m impatient) so I turned it back on, and normally my fans spin up rlly fast for like 2 seconds and then go back to idle, but this time they just kept spinning, and now my computer doesn’t bit to bios. When I try to turn off the computer though, the power button doesn’t work if you try to turn in off, it only works for turning on. My theory: I beleive my motherboard shorted out but somehow didn’t get my flu and cpu. I think this because I beleive the motherboard is what controls fans and such and it connects everything so it makes sense why there’s no signal because the gpu can’t communicate with everything else.

I beleive I’m right but I don’t want to rule out any other trouble shooting methods you guys might have so throw em at me.

Pc specs.
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard: The cheapest one I could find on amazon (sorry couldn’t find box)
Gpu: Zotac Gtx 1050
HDD: some 10 year old seagate 500 gig
Ram: Ripjaws 2x4 Gb

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Ouch!! You may have several different problems.
Unless you are really nerdy and mechanically adept, I would suggest you follow advice from a solid troubleshooting website. I like: https://www.computerhope.com/oh.htm and look through 'basic troubleshooting"

Tell us how it goes.

Last edited:
Ouch!! You may have several different problems.
Unless you are really nerdy and mechanically adept, I would suggest you follow advice from a solid troubleshooting website. I like: https://www.computerhope.com/oh.htm and look through 'basic troubleshooting"

Tell us how it goes.
Thank you for your response. It turns out my theory was correct, I shorted out my motherboard. I never was able to find a site like that when I was searching for the fix but thank you for giving me the link it is a very helpful site and will for sure refer back to it many times. Anyway I’ve learned my leason and should turn off my pc before any inspections so I don’t short out anything else.

Thanks Again-Jack

Back