Computer dying suddenly

Yesterday after updating some drivers which according to my device manager are now all 'up to date and working correctly', my laptop has began acting completely erratically. Cpu% staying at 0-10%, everything becoming unresponsive for incredibly long periods of time and already seen 2 blue screens this morning. The error I get at the top of the blue screen is a KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR and I also get the same 'csc.exe bad image, alink.dll' error when trying to run a variety of driver software to help me out. Help is appreciate

Sounds like the hard drive data is partially corrupt. Run CHKDSK by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive, select Properties, Tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. To post minidumps go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder a a file here

Sorry for the long reply as I have only just managed to get back onto the computer with it working, although for how long I am not sure. I have attached the dmp files below.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    113.2 KB · Views: 1
CI.dll is seen in the minidumps. it belongs to Alcoholsoft's products like Alcohol120% Did you check the hard drive?

One more time:
Sounds like the hard drive data is partially corrupt. To check the hard drive, run CHKDSK by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive, select Properties, Tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up.

Yeah yeah that was performed this morning which is why it's taken so long for me to get on. After looking there is no new minidump file for the process. I can remember a lot of files during it were being 'fixed', although I'm not sure what has been done.

Okay, just use the computer normally. If these errors continue, the hard drive may need to be replaced

Back