Computer Freezes After Bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

blim10

Ok so whenever I bootup on the computer everything runs for a couple of minutes and then it just freezes, I can't move my mouse or anything, I can still however hear the fans and such running inside the pc. The moment that it does freeze I always hear a quiet sort of popping noise coming from the speakers. Does anyone know what is wrong with my computer?

The specs are:

Intel 845e mb
Intel Pentium 4 1.7ghz
512 mb of ram
radeon 7000 64mb agp
windows xp home edition

Can you boot into safe mode?

If you can get into safe mode, then please run any virus scanners you have. If you aint got one you can download AVG Antivirus from here. If you install AVG Antivirus then please run updates. Clear any infections foundn't.

Then reboot and see if you can boot in normal mode without the crashes.

If it still crashes, boot into safe mode and dowload HJT (Hijackthis) from here.

Note: Please do not put hijackthis in a temp folder. Put it in a directory for hijackthis. After doing that rename it crusty. This is because some malware can hide from hijack.

HJT is freeware spyware-removal tool for Microsoft Windows originally created by Merijn Bellekom, and later sold to Trend Micro.

Then please upload your HJT log as an attachment into this thread, but only after doing the above.

Regards Jase :)

This thread is for the use of blim10 only. Please do not post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

check your ram with memtest 86+ booted from a floppy/CD for at least 7 passes.

Check your PSU also.
You could also have driver issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back