Computer Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded a program off the internet and within a day my computer is freezing. It is now just going to my home settings and whenever I try to click on anything it freezes. The one and only time I could get to the anti-virus scan it froze and wouldn't complete the scan and the zero spyware we have won't even scan at all. Please help because I'm not really sure what I'm doing and am not that good with computers.

Have you tried starting your computer in safe mode to do the scans, and to see if the problem is there as well?

There are a couple of ways to get into safe mode:

1: restart your computer.after the bios POST screen tap F8 and select safe mode from the list

2: Click start--->run--->type msconfig and click OK or press enter and the system configuration window opens. Click the BOOT.ini tab and tick the box beside safeboot then click ok. You will be asked to restart your computer. Click restart and your computer will start in safe mode.

If you do option 2, after you are finished with safe mode Click start--->run--->type msconfig and click OK or press enter and the system configuration window opens. On the General tab put the dot in normal startup and click ok..you will be prompted to restart your computer..click restart and your computer will start normally.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue...

Thank you, I did get to go to the safe mode list. But how long does it take to boot from the safe mode because I'm looking at a black screen that says safe mode in the four corners.

I've run the anti-virus scan and I found 12 the first time and only some of them were moved to quarantine. I tried to move the others to quarantine and it said it wouldn't. So I decided to run it again and now its found at least 4 and 1 says its quarantined. Does this mean that they are all quarantined? Because the only reason that I'm running the scan and spyware again is that I tried to boot the computer up normally and it still froze.

Did you follow the steps in my previous post? If you can't download the programs from your afflicted computer. Download them on a working computer and burn them to a CD. Since you are running your computer in safe mode you won't be able to update the programs from the net. However, I will try to find the manual updates for you.

Here is the manual update for Malwarebytes http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/database.jsp

Here is the manual update for super anti spyware http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE

Download the manual updates then after you have installed the main program run the manual update files.

After you have performed the 8 step procedure please post back with the logs and let us know how it is going. Also, what program was it that you downloaded when all of this started, and have you since removed it? Once you go through the 8 step process we can then begin to further diagnose and resolve this issue.

Just incase you missed it the last time. Here is the link for the 8 step malware removal from techspot. Follow the steps in order https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back