Computer gets laggy, and then shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoG

Hey,I'm having a problem while doing mostly anything on my computer. It happens like this: I'm in middle of something,and suddenly I hear some strange distorted sound. After a few minutes,the screen starts freezing every here and then for a few seconds parallel with the sounds. Then,it soon becomes untolerable,and I have to restart. If I don't,the computer shuts down automatically . This happens every day,sometimes multiple times a day,and is very annoying. My configuration is :

Processor: i7 2.6 ghz
MB: Asus P6T deluxe
Graphics : Ati radeon HD 5750 1 gb RAM
RAM: 6 GB DDR3
750W power supply.

1. Do you get any blue screens?

2. How are your temperatures?

3. Did you scan for infections?

No blue screens,temperatures are fine,around 55 degrees CPU maximum is 72 degrees and MB is around 50 also .
I didn't scan,because it happened straight away as I got my new configuration,I don't think anything could of infiltrated,but I will do it,thank you.

No virus,now I get a blue screen message just before it shuts down: Machine_check_exception and the error is STOP: 0X00000009C

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Straight up: This is a very difficult error to deal with because it can be due to any hardware in your system and I mean ANY. I know IT Techs that don't want to deal with it. As the definition says diagnostics "rarely lead to a clear solution."

My intent is not to be negative but to prepare you that this may take awhile. So let's begin by runing the free and safe Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

hey,thank you for your response,I had no time to do what you advised,however another BSOD occured,and now the error was : "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor..." I could not write it all down because my PC shut down too fast. What I did was I entered my BIOS and activated only one core in each of my four processors. The next day another BSOD occured. Now I activated the other pair , and so far no BSOD,however I need to see until tommorow,if it doesn't happen tommorow I can be positive something's wrong with one of the processor cores.

If you get a chance attach your latest minidumps.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* It sunds like you are the right path and if it is as you say then it goes to explain why you are getting the 0x9C errors.

Here is the dump,for some reason there are only three.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    67.4 KB · Views: 3
Okay, I think we found something significant and I believe confirms your suspicions concerning your processor.

One minidump was another 0x9C and only gave a Windows OS driver which aren't much help because they are too general.

However the two other errors are 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and is defined as...

An expected interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in a multiple processor system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified processore is hung and not processing interrupts.

Further research indicates we are looking at a cpu issue but in some cases when the cpu is under load such as rendering this error can come about through video card issues as well.

However, as you state you are having issues doing all kinds of things. Perhaps a BIOS update might resolve this but only as a thought. If you do a search on this error there is a good deal about it on the 'net.

I've got the newest BIOS,but thank you for the suggestion,and thanks a lot for giving me directions for finding a solution to my problem :)

You're welcome and please keep us up-to-date with your progress especially when you find a solution. There are too far and few definitive answers for the 0x9C error by build as well as regular PC users.

Hey,I've taken my computer to the shop where I bought it,and they fixed it,saying something had to be configured in BIOS. That's all I am able to tell you guys.

Hey,I've taken my computer to the shop where I bought it,and they fixed it,saying something had to be configured in BIOS. That's all I am able to tell you guys.

So it was the BIOS afterall. I sure hope they didn't charge you or if at all a small charge. Thanks for getting back to us. :)

Yeah well no problem,although it's s#!t again. They seem to have fixed the hardware problem, however my games still get frozen,only no blu-screen. So,same as before,just that my computer freezes,and no blue-screens. Any ideas again ? :S

Occured only while I'm gaming,although when I exit the distortions stop,from which I conclude a pre-requisite for a freeze is some more serious activity,and the only one of those that I do is gaming. But those guys at the PC shop did a serires of stress-tests and it didn't freeze,on the other hand.

All video drivers up-to-date? I assume the video card is set properly. What is the make of your power supply?

If there are distortions/freezing while gaming (assuming all drivers are updated as well, although it isn't necessary). I believe there may be issues with your graphic card, you can stress test your graphic card using tools like OCCT.

I see,thank you,although parallel with the spikes comes a sound as well. I'll do the test and tell you what happens

Ok,so,I ran the test, and first time the expected thing happened-the computer froze after cca 20 mins at 58 fps. And then,what also was expected because it always goes like that,the test went just fine for an hour without freezing. So,the first time it crashes after 20 mins,I restart,and then everything is fine.

if its freezing while running the test probability is there is an issue with the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back