Computer hijacked by malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Looks like my computer has been hijacked by malware. Here are the problems i am facing.

1. Google search linkes are being redirected to ad sites from internet explorer.
2. RegEdit,task manager disabled

I really appreciate the help to fix this.

Thanks,

Susheel

Welcome to TechSpot, Susheel. I'll help you with the malware. EXCellR8 has given you the link to the thread with preliminary removal steps. Please follow that and when you have finished, attach the 3 logs for our review.

Then we can try to determine what the malware is and the best way to find and remove it all. The 3 logs will be:
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
HijackThis.

Be sure to check the lines for removal of the entries in the first 2 programs. Don't remove anything in HijackThis- we will instruct you on that. We will be able to determine what your antivirus program is and also which operating system you're using from those logs.

I have Malwarebytes antimalware installed but the virus has hijacked that application also. It does not start up. Should I try to reinstall that?

you can try, but it's not likely to fix the problem if the infection is programmed to prevent the application and it's sub features to run. there are ways to try and counter this with specialized tools but i'm afraid i lack the proper knowledge for running them correctly. i'm sure some of the others here will be able to assist you, but for now i would stick to the guide and just skip what doesn't work temporarily.

susheelpatil, what happen when you try to run Malwarebytes? Are you getting a message? What?

If you cannot get it to run in Normal Mode, try it in Safe Mode. Did you save it to your desktop when you downloaded it?

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
Now double click on the Malwarebytes icon on your desktop and run the program.

Please follow with the other 2 programs. Leave all 3 logs attached to your next reply.

Now the virus is not allowing me to log in to machine itself. As soon as I log in it is logging me out. I think first i need solution to fix log in issue.

Did you try to do this?

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

I've got to have something to work with. If not, you're going to have to do either a repair or a reinstall.

You might be able to get in to the Recovery Console. But I don't have enought information to advise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back