Computer keeps crashing when playing games

I'm getting these crashes only when playing games. I actually get slightly different ones all the time. Crashes to a black screen, crashes to a screen with colorful graphical corruption, freezes where the screen stays intact. Sometimes these crashes and freezes are accompanied by a loud buzzing sound from the speakers, sometimes not. A hard reset is needed after this. I used to get a lot of BSODs as well, but not anymore lately

I recently had a major overheating problem with this PC, which I fixed by cleaning and repasting the CPU and GPU heatsinks. Temperatures are normal now, but I cannot play games without crashing every 10-20 minutes. My theory is that I either noticed the overheating problem too late and some permanent damage has been done to either my CPU or GPU or I actually damaged them or the motherboard myself while cleaning/repasting them. Is there any way to determine which part is faulty without physically swapping them out? I've run a chckdsk and a memtest86, so I think I can rule out the HDD or RAM being the problem. I've also updated all the drivers I could think of.

Upload a zipped folder with all the minidumps.

I think it is highly possible that due to overheating your GPU sustained damage.

To post minidumps go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Back