Computer keeps on freezing. Would anyone suggest something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer simply freezes in the middle of doing anything (and by that i mean surfing the internet). Sometimes i'm listenining to podcasts and a loud noise starts. I don't know whether its a small audio clip looping fast or something else. I scanned for viruses and have plenty of memory space. I'm not even sure if this is a software or hardware problem. Help me out. Please and thank you.

Hi Slemon, I would like you to check your event viewer and see if this has any information on what is causing this to happen. Right click on "My Computer" then click Manage, from there, click Event Viewer. From there, check both Application and System, see if there are any Errors, and if so, what are some of them listed. Try to remember the time at which the computer froze, restart the computer, and check if there are any errors at that time.

I have some questions though, does this only occur while using the internet? If so, what browser are you using, if not, list some other times this happends. Please post back.

Hi Slemon, I would like you to check your event viewer and see if this has any information on what is causing this to happen. Right click on "My Computer" then click Manage, from there, click Event Viewer. From there, check both Application and System, see if there are any Errors, and if so, what are some of them listed. Try to remember the time at which the computer froze, restart the computer, and check if there are any errors at that time.

I have some questions though, does this only occur while using the internet? If so, what browser are you using, if not, list some other times this happends. Please post back.

i'm running xp, in all the cases i was running a browser. for some reason i don't have my computer freezing on ie, but it does for firefox and chrome. I'm pretty sure most of the time, or maybe all of the time, my computer freezes when i click on a link.

hm, well both Firefox and Chrome run more for memory usage, Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and seeing if the error continues?

First try this: In firefox, under Tools > Error Console, see if there are any noticable errors. First clear the log there, use it, search a site, restart firefox after the crash and find the error and place here, I just found this as I wrote this so I'm not sure as to how helpful this will be, but its worth a shot. If none of that helps you or gets us any further in finding a solution, continue.

Before uninstalling firefox, try removing any addons, and if you have none and have not yet downloaded Flash player, search "adobe flash" in google and get that flash player.

I noticed after installing a fresh copy of Windows, I.E would continue to crash until I installed the the flash player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back