Computer makes funny ticking sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Srry for bad english. Than im doing something on computer some times screen shuts down but computer is still working after couple seconds computer starts to make a strange noise like watch tik tak tik tak like restarting all the time and than i press restart button but it do the same.. After some time hes start to working but for not a long time period.. What is the problem? (wich is not in screen becouse on my old screend everything was the same) Please help me Thank you for yor time :)

The hard drive might be failing. It's hard to be certain with the information you provided but that's what it sounds like.

Could very well be hard drive failure in early stages... could quit at any moment or go on for another year. Could be a ball of lint in or near your cpu fan or other fan, or it could simply be a fan that is wearing out or is out of balance from dirt, dust lint, or a coating of oily dust.
Take a look at cleaning the system cpu fan, and cooling fans with a can of denatured alcohol, soft cleaning pads, and qtips... as a start.
Get yourself a can of a computer cleaning gas such as Dust Off or CleanSafe Dust Remover that is treated with difluoroethane gas or other gas that prevents the build up of static electricity... clean out all areas with dust... a little bit at a time... Too fast and the canned air freezes up.

There is no real test for a failing hard drive except age... Look at the date code on the label of your hard drive... if it is three years old, it may be aging... If it is five years old, replace it now while you can.

You can also look at the Device manager for any red, yellow, or grey flags... Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager... Look at the hard drive indicator to see if it is SMART OK, or if it has a yellow warning indicator that tells you the fan is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back