Computer not reading external hard drive

My dog recently desrtroyed my labptop, and for the past 4 days I've been trying everything I can think of to recover data from the old computer's hard drive. my latest attempt was to plug the old hard drive into a hard drive enclosure. Both the USB cord and the enclosure work when pluged on they're read as a USB mass storage device however as soon as the hard drive is plugged into the enclosure th computer fails to read anything, nothing appears under my computer, device manager, or disk management.

The Hard drive is a Seagate Momentus 7200.3
2.5" SATA, Capasity:320 GB, 7200 RPM

The enclosure is a Tsunami Elegant 2500, 2.5" HDD Enclosure

if you cant think of how to make the enclosure work for me other suggestions for removing the data from the hard drive are also welcome

When I was browsing through the hard drive manual to find out how to set the jumpers I found this, as a result I don't have the piece nessesary to connect the pegs in the jumper block.

3.2Configuring the drive
Each drive on the Serial ATA interface connects in a point-to-point configuration with the Serial ATA host
adapter. There is no master/slave relationship because each drive is considered a master in a point-to-point
relationships. If two drives are attached on one Serial ATA host adapter, the host operating system views the
two devices as if they were both “masters” on two separate ports. This means both drives behave as if they are
Device 0 (master) devices.
Serial ATA drives are designed for easy installation with no jumpers, terminators, or other settings. It is not necessary
to set any jumpers on this drive for proper operation. The jumper block adjacent to the signal connector
is for factory use only.

My Bad, I didn't see the Serial ATA, just thought it was IDE.

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the USB cable while the computer and hard drive are turned on? Might recognize it that way.

yes multiple times unfortunately also uninstalled all the drivers for the USB ports hoping that would fix the issue

Back