Computer ReBooting: System Error (102) Event 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer reboots itself every time it is powered up . Not absolutely predictable when it will do this. It will usually do it itself within 10 minutes of being booted if left alone. It will do it sooner if someone tries using the computer immediately after booting up. Never does it a second time. I cannot recall this commencing with installing any particular hardware or program. Here is the description:

Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804fcc49, parameter3 f7a53c94, parameter4 f7a53990.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Brian

Event Error #1003, Source: System error, Description: Error code: 1000007e
Error code: 1000007e - From a newsgroup post: "Turns out it was an errant file from the Sonic MyDVD program that I never use. I found this out because whenever it would crash to the blue screen, it mentioned the file tfsnpool.sys. I did a search for that file, checked the properties and found it was put there by Sonic and had something to do with the drive letter. So I renamed the files, which was probably taking a big chance, deleted everything Sonic related and all is well"
Source: EventID.net

Another cause can be the program called Easy file & folder protector. fdcbnt.sys is the culprit. If you have this, try uninstalling the program and see if that resolved the problem.

So with the information given, these are two possibilities.

I used to get a similar error too, I think it turned out to be a buggy video driver... if you go to Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Settings button under Startup and Recovery you can remove the check mark next to "Automatically Restart." Now, when the error occurs, a blue screen will appear and the system will stay on. Allowing for this "blue screen of death" is helpful because it lists more information about the error and usually lists a single file as the culprit. You will have to restart your computer manually but you'll hopefully have a better idea of what the problem is.

Thanks for the advice. Neither of those two files tfsnpool.sys or fdcbnt.sys is on my computer, so I guess the problem is elsewhere. I've found the video on this machine to be a bit flakey, so that is probably a good place to look, but I've updated the drivers for the video card and the reboot problem still persists. I'll let the blue screen come up and see where that takes me.

Please give us your system specs to include make, model, installed RAM, OS and update status.

I used to get a similar error too, I think it turned out to be a buggy video driver... if you go to Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Settings button under Startup and Recovery you can remove the check mark next to "Automatically Restart."

In that same spot as EXCellR8 indicates to not Automatically restart, see that
- "Write an event to the system log" is checked
- Write debugging information says "Small memory dump"
- And the small dump directory is set

When the problem occurs a few time, attach a couple minidumps to a TechSpot post and someone here will look at it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back