Computer reboots when playing a specific game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aricomambo_king

I am currently playing a certain game and in only this game my system reboots with no warning. Then i viewed my event log saying:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x0000009c (0x00000005, 0xf78a5050, 0xb2000018, 0x02000e0f).
A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini050208-01.dmp"

What does this mean? i tried swapping my ram thinking this is the culprit but still it reboots. And only on this game, I played several next gen games before didn't get any single reboot.

Specs:

Core 2 duo E6300

7600GT

1024 ddr3 2x

Windows XP

Samsung 160 gig SATA(new one btw)

any help would be appreciated.. tnx ^_^

Your minidump cited 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

The problems is it said that analysis was inconclusive.

Route44 said:
Your minidump cited 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

The problems is it said that analysis was inconclusive.

Well, I know it aint my Ram coz I have 2x 1024gig and already tried them, and not my HDD coz I just got it replaced to a new one. Aint my Card coz in all other games like Crysis and GOW no reboots at all, aint my CPU coz its just stock never overclocked. So probably the main culprit here is the PSU coz I had this for 2 years now and its only 500W. What do you guys think? is 500W enough to handle?

1. What is your PSU's 12v. rails rated at? What is it's make and model?

2. When you state concerning your RAM "you already tried them," what does this mean? Does this mean you ran MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes?

3. Just because a CPU isn't overclocked doesn't mean it can't or won't go bad.

Route44 said:
1. What is your PSU's 12v. rails rated at? What is it's make and model?

2. When you state concerning your RAM "you already tried them," what does this mean? Does this mean you ran MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes?

3. Just because a CPU isn't overclocked doesn't mean it can't or won't go bad.

1. CoolMax V500 500W

2. yup memtest86 waited for 4 hours did not detect any problems.

3. Well, I installed GOW, Witcher, Crysis, I tried playing them again just to make sure that maybe its just this certain game that makes my system reboot but no reboot at all..

Witcher and especially Crysis are very demanding and yet you don't get system crashes with these games. Hmmm, sometimes a particular game and video card drivers don't play nice together.

Have you updated your video card drivers?

Route44 said:
Witcher and especially Crysis are very demanding and yet you don't get system crashes with these games. Hmmm, sometimes a particular game and video card drivers don't play nice together.

Have you updated your video card drivers?

Yeah man. I just recently installed the beta driver 174.74, Well This particular game is Assassins Creed. I just tried something, I took off 1 of my RAM(Kingston) after 15 mins of playing it rebooted, so I put back the Ram(Kingston) and took off the other one(APACER) and after 20 mins of playing it rebooted again. Then I thought when I have both of my mem are inserted 5 mins of the game and it reboots. So the Bottom line is it takes longer to reboot if I only have 1 RAM. So if my conclusion is correct my PSU can't handle 2 RAMS working at the same time.. Probably My PSU is dying? What do you think sir??

I looked at your PSU on NewEgg and though it doesn't have the highest rating it does supply the amps on its 12v rails. Do you have a multimeter to test if the psu is putting out what it is designed for?

Two questions:

1. You have two RAM sticks each of which is by a different manufacturer. Do they match in timings?

2. For clarification: Your issue only occurs with Assassins Creed? If so, it is with that game.

Route44 said:
I looked at your PSU on NewEgg and though it doesn't have the highest rating it does supply the amps on its 12v rails. Do you have a multimeter to test if the psu is putting out what it is designed for?

Two questions:

1. You have two RAM sticks each of which is by a different manufacturer. Do they match in timings?

2. For clarification: Your issue only occurs with Assassins Creed? If so, it is with that game.

multimeter? is it a free software? where do I get it? And how do I found out if my RAM sticks match the timings? Sorry man, don't know much of techy stuff... I'm such a newbie... Nyways, So its posible the game is causing those reboots and I don't have any problems with my hardware at all though it says on the .dmp file that I have?

Sorry, didn't mean to assume. A multimeter is a tool that will gage the output of your PSU's cables. Forget my suggestion.

If you can give me the make and model of each of your RAM sticks I can look it up for you.

I think in your case it is this game with your card and/or drivers. That is where the error code comes in. If you can play Crysis without issues, as well as Witcher, then I would say my hunch is probably correct, but with PCs you just never can tell.

Route44 said:
Sorry, didn't mean to assume. A multimeter is a tool that will gage the output of your PSU's cables. Forget my suggestion.

-Hehehe not at all man, I'm just a newbie when it comes to computer hardwares.

If you can give me the make and model of each of your RAM sticks I can look it up for you.

-Apacer 1024 PC533DDR3
-Kingston 1024 PC533DDR3

I think in your case it is this game with your card and/or drivers. That is where the error code comes in. If you can play Crysis without issues, as well as Witcher, then I would say my hunch is probably correct, but with PCs you just never can tell.

Really? Or maybe This Assassins Creed that I have is the Leaked version or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back